Architects Ross Shepherd and Jessica Hodge created five, laser steel pieces to complement the Zenith Towers.
Henry Lawson’s poem Chatswood is engraved in the surrounding pavement.
Henry Lawson, 1919
“Twas an old respected settler, in the unrespected days,
Who had land along the North Shore and – we’ll say his name was Hayes;
And he came there as a young man, when great work was to do,
And his young wife’s name was “Chattie” (and, no doubt, she chatted, too).
‘Twas a “small place in the country”, where they went to be care free,
Out beyond the pleasant suburb that they now call Willoughby;
And a little wood was on it, and the trees were tall and good,
And his young wife used to dream there, so he called it “Chattie’s Wood”.
“Chattie’s Wood” has long since gone, and shops are standing in a row
Where the young wife went a-dreaming in the days of long ago;
How the pretty name was altered doesn’t matter anyhow;
But the wife is still remembered, as they call it Chatswood now.