Celebration Day road closures
The Lunar New Year Celebration Day will take place on Saturday 3 February 2024 from 10am to 8pm. It attracts tens of thousands of visitors from across Sydney and features stage performances, more than 100 market stalls and a lantern parade in the afternoon.
No vehicles will be allowed in the road closure areas during LNY Celebration Day.
All day closures from 4am to 9pm:
- Victoria Avenue , closed from Anderson Street to Archer Street
- Anderson Street , closed from Help Street to Victoria Avenue
- Ferguson Lane , closed from Anderson Street to The Concourse car park.
The Lantern parade will run along Victoria Avenue from Hercules Street to Anderson Street from 6:30pm to 7:30pm.
To facilitate this, a temporary road closure will be in place.
Temporary road closure from approximately 6pm to 8pm during the Lantern parade:
- Hercules Street and Oscar Street half closure to Chatswood Place car park
- Victoria Avenue between Hercules Street and Archer Street
- Archer Street between Albert Avenue and Malvern Avenue
- Bertram Street from Victoria Avenue to Albert Avenue
- Neridah Street from Victoria Avenue to Albert Avenue
- Kirk Street and Mills Lane.
All day street parking permits can be provided to businesses in advance that cannot access their carparks during the day. Please contact the Events Team via email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a permit by Monday 22 January 2024.
Select map to open in new window